The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, January 24, 2013

Shake it off ...

hair cut ... check ... (really just a trim, but I can see)

After the first, we take down the tree.  Had fun bonfiring it this year, I think a new tradition was born.  I like to carefully place the ornaments in a big basket or two as they come off the tree ... later I sort them and pack them back (just so) in their little boxes.  Today has been that day ... back in the little boxes, back in the big box, back out to the garage.  I love to open the box in December and find them looking like little presents waiting to be opened.  I love Christmas ... the whole thing.  This year was different then any other has been ... some of the kids brought guests ... maybe going to be family type guests and husband's mother was here also (silently reminding me that memories were being made).  So ... almost everything is back packed away til next Christmas and I just wonder what the year has in store for us all.
I just have that creepy feeling that I sometimes get ... it feels like the other foot is getting ready to drop.  I have been ... unsettled ... which is really weird for me.

I did the interview today (Fri) ... I don't know ... I don't do enough interviews to know how it went. I know when it was over I felt very alone. I wonder how it is possible to feel more alone at some times then others when one is alone?  And then, the other thing why is it, how is it that sometimes it seems just like you just don't feel Him nearer.


The winds of change and circumstance
Blow in and all around us
So we find a foothold that's familiar
And bless the moments that we feel you nearer
When life had begun I was woven and spun
You let the angels dance around the throne
Who can say when, but they'll dance again
When I am free and finally headed home
I will be weak, unable to speak, still I will call You by name
Creator, Maker, Life Sustainer
Comforter, Healer, My Redeemer
Lord and King, Beginning and the End
I Am, I Am 

~ Nicole Nordeman

No comments: