The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, February 20, 2013

contrails ...


Clouds come floating into my life,
 no longer to carry rain or usher storm, 
but to add color to my sunset sky.  
~Rabindranath Tagore




What are contrails?
Contrails are a type of ice cloud, formed by aircraft as water vapor condenses around small dust particles, which provide the vapor with sufficient energy to freeze. The water vapor is already in the air surrounding the aircraft while the dust, or condensation nuclei, is comprised primarily of soot particles produced during the combustion process. They can also form when water vapor from the airplane’s engines collide with the water vapor in the air.
CONTRAILS from NASA's Museum in a Box

... there's more ... make the jump! 

2 comments:

Dean said...

DeAnn, Love this time of year! The contrails look awesome! Yesterday you could see them all headed East over head, they all seem to go right over the LCH VOR headed your way! Hope all is well!!!

DeAnn said...

All is well! Just busy with stuff and also trying to think about something ... interesting stuff ... good stuff.
Agree on the cool contrails ... I've been watching winds aloft and also the guessing at moisture levels in reference to contrail watching. I like them. And, they remind me to pray about those things most in my thoughts. Pretty soon I think I'm going to paint one ... white on a blue background, like a zipper. THinking about the blue to use. I like that Sante Fe blue ... and robin's egg blue ... that's the problem ... I like all the blues!
I'm going to post the SVC winds graphic ... yesterday's and earlier today, so cool to see that wind blowing tailwinds for the East bound guys ... then suddenly shifting ('Bout over you) from the SE ... may have something to do with these cool contrails. all over the place. I bet the power setting changes ... .