The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 14, 2013


Several years ago I painted this water-color heart for the "coffee/donut before Sunday school" buffet table at our church ... it was our turn.  I like the verse, 1 John 4:16:

And so we know
and rely
on the love God has for us.
God is love,
whoever lives in love lives in God, and God in him.

It was my intention to take some time to doodle out another water colored heart for wishing everyone Happy Valentine's Day.  But.  Suddenly, I have a check ride scheduled and an huge pile of loose ends to tidy up before the ride.  CAP has about 100 different little tests and pledges that must be properly stacked and stapled (not really but it does seem like that ...) first ... some of them have a now expired shelf life which I must correct.  I have been waiting for the ride since last May.  It's gone beyond patience to whatever.  As I searched for the word all I could do is shrug ... that's whatever isn't it?  I think I am synthesizing happiness.  That flying is the only flying that fits with the promises I have already made.  And ... it makes the possibility of future flying possibilities viable, it will keep me current and proficient.  One of my buddies who has now moved on to the airlines asked, "Isn't that organization just a bunch of old men?" It made me laugh right out loud.  The imported IP told me (over the phone) that he is/was an army rotor guy ... 40 some odd years in. I think that old guy can show me a thing or two ... and it's nice that they are making room for an old girl (hahaah).  He flat out asked me during our conversation how old I am and didn't even bother to wrap it in all the PC rigmarole. At least I understand what the old guys what to know when they talk to me!

Happy Valentine's Day!





No comments: