The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 7, 2013

To everything there is a season, a time for every purpose under heaven. 
~ Ecclesiastes 3:1






 Same place two steps forward ... totally different light to see in ... just like life.  Yesterday I read that the Portuguese explorers, well, here: As the early Portuguese explorers knew, "It is important to travel. It is not important to arrive."  I will hold that thought ... travel, I can do ... keep on moving forward to what I do not know ... I can do that.  Now some interesting mail has pinged in and I want to look at the link provided.  I already know it's gonna be something I need for the journey today.


Today ... little road trip for me ...Husband has meeting this evening 4.5 hour drive North of here.  Forecast to rain all day, chilly ... He wont be finished until probably pretty late.  I'll keep him company on the drive.  Also plan to stop at a really neat fabric store for my latest project (and maybe a new curtain in the bathroom, I'm kinda itching to paint that room something bold, something that pops.  New curtain fabric would help me chose a color.  Yesterday I cleaned that bathroom from ceiling to floor and noticed that the sheers gathered tight in the window frame just seem to encourage little powdery black mold.  I think something entirely different would be better in there.
Disappointed that I most likely didn't get the job. H, who knows things, says they are probably ironing out details with the successful candidate and can't let us losers know til it's a done deal.  (She said it a lot nicer then that).  Looking back on it I can see that I could have interviewed better, ah hindsight ... where all the answers are polished and well seasoned with a light touch of humor.  Oh well  (sigh).  Back to looking for possibilities. I'll get better at interviewing.  My book still isn't here (but I smell fabulous) ... tempted to make a quick run over to the library for something to read just in case they don't have wifi up there.




Dinner last night ... bacon swiss burger patty:  

  • 1/2 # ground pork
  • 1/2 # ground lean beef
  • 1/4 cup coarsely grated swiss cheese
  • 2TSP finely chopped red onion
  • garlic, salt and pepper to taste
  • 2 slices thick cut bacon
combine, shape, dress with 1/2 strip of thick bacon ... place bacon side up in hot dry skillet, flip to brown both sides and cook through.  Delicious, I severed it with BBQ sauce.

L, my husband, shocked me and made me laugh this morning when I told him ... yes, it is raining, like real rain, and is supposed to all day long ... he begin to sing; It's a miserable day in the neighborhood, a miserable day for a neighbor ... won't you be ... too funny bc he sings pretty much only at church and when the kid's birthday cakes come in to the room with candles blazing.  I didn't even know he knew that Mr. Roger's song ... just full of surprises.

No comments: