The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, February 28, 2013

Nests

 Picture from yesterday early evening ... the birds are all over this feeder like a fast food drive thru across from a college campus.  The placement makes it handy for observing and I've noticed that birds have different personalities.  It seems sort of a silly thing to just now be noticing ... particularly because it surprises me.  I think of them as "birds" ... one the same as the next within their "type" ... not so though.  I removed all the nests built in previous years from my rose vine.  Pretty soon nests will begin to re-appear.  It's good to have time to sit and see them ... really see them.  They amaze me.
This book is on my table this morning ... there were interesting notes outlined nearby.  Mentioned to Two that I would like to read the notes if that's okay.  She said, "Sure, but I have a test on this today so I need to take the notes with me today."  Then she pulled this book out of the little stack at the end of this very long table and gave it to me.  Isn't it interesting how "we" are all so very different?  And how the nest we come out of informs the nest we attempt to build ... .

So ... today ... I am reading this book, and another book, Meditations on the Tarot, thinking about picking up some supplies for handwork (like crochet and quilting), doing a good bit of routine house work, fretting just a bit about my emotionally frail mother (dementia issues) and ... looking forward to about three hours in the air late this afternoon (... in the air where all I think about is flying stuff ... pretty intensely relaxing).

No comments: