The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, February 4, 2013

"The truck" is going to stop for me today ... pretty exciting.  Last week I ordered a new book and a bottle of perfume (Tokyo Milk Dead Sexy ...  A romantic and ethereal fragrance of deep vanilla, exotic wood, white orchid, and ebony ... my favorite, and difficult to find out here in the middle of nowhere that believes it's somewhere ... I have grown to love it right here and especially now that we can "shop" online and get "the truck" to stop by).  I think I will either reallyreallyreally like the book or find it absolutely appalling ... so, that's on my mind this morning.

WIND turned out to be the word for the week. Just a little bit because of the weather sweeping over large portions of the country.  I am a big fan of wind, as a concept, a metaphor.


The wind blows where it wishes, and you hear its sound, but you do not know where it comes from or where it goes. So it is with everyone who is born of the Spirit.” ~ John 3:8









As a "picture" of God's Spirit ...





As I wonder about how "stuff" comes together and fits together.  

One of the things I like to do, is pay attention to the words I read or hear over and over again in close succession.  I like to be alert to a trend. ... 

wind
And don't we also spell wind, as wind a clock, or as thought threads winding their way together to become a belief, a belief which may provide shelter for the psyche, one's own or another's ... this past week, someone wondered where thoughts even come from ... and they seem to almost just blow it.

Wind is a huge considerate for a pilot.  The lighter or slower I am, the more it matters ... where is it coming from?  The wind is at play ... it is a factor ... friend or foe ... I get to decide.



What I am really thinking about (that stuff is just one of the little pieces of this little thought process) is still ... we come to life and go through it with a relatively small number of people.  From early on I have my brother and my old friend ... still significant past the half way point (yeah, probably so) in this tiny "life".  I become more and more certain that whatever comes after life as we know it is both grossly and finely tuned by the modulations we accept/invite in life. We "modulate" to accommodate or support the people we care most about ... family, friends ... significant folks.  Last night I was trying to talk with my husband about this stuff because I recognize that his near presence (proximity) is an influence that I chose and continue to choose in the shaping, or fitting, of my soul.  And ... mine in his.  We spend more time "near" each other then any other physically near and important ... we must be major influences, or maybe just should be in some cases, in one an other's lives.  I asked him what do I bring to your life?  It took awhile to frame that question so that he could hear it, but eventually  he was able to shape it into the sort of question that one might analyze ... he thinks ... spontaneity, joy, laughter ... gracefulness ... he summarized by saying "You are a good woman".  Very nice words, I wonder if it was husbandspeak because very soon after the last word on the (rather short) list (... lol) was uttered I heard steady breathing.  I thought, maybe he is really thinking about this, but ... he was just sleeping.  (Yesterday he did our Federal Taxes ... exhausting ... I hope he was dreaming of a big return).  I did get to tell him that his steadiness does provide a shelter in which I can be a lot like me ... spontaneous ... kind ... that sort of thing.  I don't have a lot of worries unless I go looking for them.  He makes sure that I get to enjoy time in the upper quadrants of the pyramid. He won't do the zip lines ... no way he's going to hang-glide around the Christ statue in Rio.


Not a bit deal ... I call it a day's fun, I think he might call it nonsense!  I do have one buddy very near by, Four, who would also call this fun and would probably help pack a picnic for the day.  And ... my brother would probably like this, so ... I have people who would do this with me.



I'm off track ... sidetracked ... what I'm trying to say is ... why these people?  What do we bring to one another that God might see as a significant shaping (of one another concurrently) feature, or characteristic.  I can remember 10 year old me ( I actually saw her in the face of a child at church yesterday as she listened so intently to the children's sermon ... her demeanor, "spiffed up for church", listening attentively but with after lunch plans brewing on the back burner ... ), I remember 16 year old me ... 20 year old me ... 27 year old me ... 30, 33, 37,42 ... 50 ...  all those DeAnns sifting shifting  shaping scraping ... stretching, to become who I am now, and who I am becoming.  And who I am becoming for, I believe, some idea that God has in mind for me ... and for each of us on a very intimate personal level. Husband pointed out that a lot of people chose to have a lot more people in their lives then we have chosen (via blended families, larger circles of acquaintances, bigger masses of folks found in more densely populated areas ... it's true, I tend towards smaller groups, more eye contact or soul contact ... ).  Each person (or influence even like a book or stuff we want to learn more about ... the where we spend our time) that comes near, either physically, or otherwise, plays an important role in our lives I think.  I am trying to explore that, the who they /what they are, and what that might indicate.  Maybe if I can see the "implements" more clearly, I may begin to understand a bit more about the means and the end.  And ... I am glad I have time to "value" the people in my life.  I am glad to think of these as God's choices for me (as C.S.Lewis so eloquently put it, "A secret Master of the Ceremonies has been at work.").  Relationships may be about collaborative being, and becoming.

Lots to do today.  I think I'm gonna turn up some tunes ... .

Added on 6 Feb.
someone sent a link  to this ... and it goes with this wind stuff i think.
High winds have a positive effect on many plants, stimulating their roots to grow deeper so as to anchor the plant more firmly in the soil.
Dr. David Jeremiah

No comments: