The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, August 8, 2012

94/1000 ... mushrooms popping up

Two has a vegetable garden going ... big time for my idea of what a backyard garden in my backyard might be.
My Dad enjoyed growing food ... tending his fruits, vegetables and flowers ... we had Organic Gardener strewn around the house with his copies of Field and Stream, and National Geographic.
It is such a delight to me to see how much she loves her garden.  I garden in the landscaping vein ... most of my effort goes to weeding and edging.  I'm trying to root a couple of gardenias in the kitchen window ... that sort of thing.  It is so much fun to see her come in with tomatoes and peppers.  Now she has planted a box of cucumbers, radishes, peas ... more tomatoes with the peppers which are still going strong ... pumpkins ... zucchini ... yellow squash ... and a big tub of carrots.  Every morning she pours her coffee and takes it out to her garden.  This morning she came back inside so excited and said, "Mom, you've got to see this ... and you'll want your camera."  I thought maybe the pumpkins were flowering.
These two perfectly white ... crystal like ... mushrooms where snuggled up against one of the planting boxes.  Beautiful.  She tells me they are from a lobster fungus.  She says the lobster shells in the composite must be asserting themselves.  Ah ... so cool.

No comments: