The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, August 12, 2012

Lately I have been dreaming about monstrous mega cells ... ummm storms, with high winds and dust clouds ahead of AK7 type hail fire ... in the dream I am not feeling afraid, rather alarmed ... I am figuring out the choices most likely to render survival in a situation that looks ... not good.  In the dream, I find myself responsible for three children, an infant, a toddler (who is asleep) and a young child who is aware enough of the myriad dangers to be a problem ... fear doesn't wear well.
The dream dictionary doesn't have much good to say about any of the words associated with the images from these dreams.
I sure was relieved last night to dream about swimming in a pool where the surrounding rocks warmed the water to ... just right.  I could lift my head in to cooler water which was like a waterfall's mist in the air. I love swimming dreams.  This dream place was a perfect place ... like a pool behind the veil of a waterfall, it felt almost like a cave, but not dark and creepy ... I haven't seen a place like this, but it felt real.  I haven't looked at the interpretive words for it.  Maybe it was inspired by the boat ride yesterday ... if so I need to do more of that!
From my reading earlier today:

O my God, my soul is cast down within me: Therefore do I remember thee from the land of the Jordan, And the Hermons, from the hill Mizar.
Deep calleth unto deep at the noise of thy waterfalls: All thy waves and thy billows are gone over me.
Yet Jehovah will command his lovingkindness in the day-time; And in the night his song shall be with me, Even a prayer unto the God of my life.

... from Psalm 42 stood out.  
I think the writer is saying ... I am discouraged, therefore I remember these times when God seemed nearer ... the deep of those times calls to the deep of these times.  I am again in those waters and the outcomes will be as they were ... God is near by day and by night ... my soul reaches, leaning towards Him.


No comments: