The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, August 13, 2012

This morning I am looking at a couple of unfinished projects ... the ottoman (it's going to be so happy looking) and a section of CAP knowledge stuff (tedious bc I have to do it on a laptop different from the one my fingers are used to ... windows stuff). I'm having trouble getting started today!  This is the last week of summer vacation for Four and Five ... I would like to treat them to something special ...
 .
This morning I'm thinking about a guy at the little lake party asking an airline pilot what it looks like up there ... he had some specific questions.  The answer he got was ... I don't know.  Maybe the guy had been kinda pestering him all day about flying stuff ... some of those old captains just want a day off on their day off.  When I have a seat very high, back in the back, sightseeing, what I see is geography ... and I notice that stuff looks a lot like other stuff ... for example, waves in the gulf aren't sorta parrallel lines as they seem from the shore, rather they are crisscrossing lines and look exactly like the wrinkles across the top of my hand ... near the thumb they are roughly parallel and fanning from the web between the thumb and the index finger, the bulk of the skin is diamond patterned though and it stretches to smooth with the slightest flex ... the fishnet shape of it allows for directional flexibility ... if I could really see it, the same bit would look totally different under different magnifications.  I take it very much for granted, but it is truly spectacular.  That's what it looks like up there.
 I looked at pics from a few trips this morning.
One really can't describe what it looks like ... you're moving pretty fast and ... it moves too.These pictures were all taken from altitudes around 11,000 give or take a few thousand ...  one or two of them may be as low as 7000MSL ... and on the ground for that landing shot.


These shots are a click apart ... the next click would be all white.  Sometimes it's white like the inside of an egg with no spacial information ... sometimes it's white like a gaseous cloud white with tints of grey ... clouds end suddenly.  It's super cool to blast from the white in to a cloud cavern streaming light.
These two are also a click apart

We were heading generally West, into the sun.  I was thinking about how like a temple it sometimes looks up there ... I like how the red spectrum licks at the enveloping dark.  In picture two proximity to that rise in the cloud layer makes it appear to open up like a crocs mouth.
How do you describe how it looks up there?  It looks great mostly.  Sometimes it looks scary as all get out ... I don't fly towards that.

hot relatively dry air
 cold relatively wet air
boot check check
between layers
I like the icy blue lines  between layers
this is smooth cool air
different day
between layers
these clouds are somewhat energized, but not much
was all in ... breaking through the bottom of this layer for landing
I never get tired of seeing this ...
out of a cloud with back light


cloud valley
the sun, like a solitaire on the finger of an angel 
night roll

how does it look up there ... it looks good.

No comments: