The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 30, 2012

This little wind map (SVC) is just super cool ... kinda love it.  Husband just asked me if it's going to rain on his golf game tomorrow.  This image doesn't especially help me answer that question, but I can see the way the wind is blowing ... and ... I will guess that tomorrow will be just slightly clearer here then today has been.  Hope Mississippi needed water!  I wonder what the winds aloft are doing ... .  Now I'm really going to have to look at the charts.

I spent this morning up at the church painting a tree on a wall.  They want two of them.  Looking like another three mornings will get that lovely.  I enjoyed my time up there.  Here is a photo of the tree ... they asked for it to be bare of leaves because the leaves will be added over the year to support the idea of "growth".  I imagine they will have memory verse and such ... maybe the children will receive a leaf to hang on a branch as an attendance thing.  I look forward to seeing how they will use it.  Another tree is planned for the other side of the room and I imagine "tying" a festive line of banners between the two.  I think it is what they wanted, and it does cheer the room up a bit.

This week's project at home has been prepping the stair well for new paint and it has been a bit of a mess. Stairwell walls are tricky.  It's going to look pretty cool when we get it done I think.  The girls have asked for chevron stripes on the risers ... and that's what I'm going to do for them.  I'm going to stain the wood steps and the hand rail as dark as possible and paint the risers creamy HG white ... the stripes will be black.  I'll get a before and after picture up later. Three had to remove several of the stair boards to get his box springs out ... and the door frame.  Perfect time to get everything freshened up and back together.

No comments: