The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, August 30, 2012

96/1000

H called the other day and reminded me of our little talk on Lindor's delicious truffles ... and I thought "That crazy child is the only soul on the planet who I would even be able to share the Lindor burden with ... buddy girls are just great."

She told me this story:

“And so seated next to my father in the train compartment, I suddenly asked, "Father, what is sexsin?"
He turned to look at me, as he always did when answering a question, but to my surprise he said nothing. At last he stood up, lifted his traveling case off the floor and set it on the floor.
Will you carry it off the train, Corrie?" he said.
I stood up and tugged at it. It was crammed with the watches and spare parts he had purchased that morning.
It's too heavy," I said.
Yes," he said, "and it would be a pretty poor father who would ask his little girl to carry such a load. It's the same way, Corrie, with knowledge. Some knowledge is too heavy for children. When you are older and stronger, you can bear it. For now you must trust me to carry it for you.” ~ Corrie Ten Boom


or in brief:

“Some knowledge is too heavy...you cannot bear it...your Father will carry it until you are able.” ~CTB

 She encourges me to remember that ... heard it a long time ago, a variation of it, and it is a perfect illustration of relationship between God and a soul who trusts. It has my heart thinking this morning.  Some knowledge ... some stuff I don't know about at all, like the child on the train ... some I do "know" but don't understand ... stuff too heavy for me.

“This is what the past is for! Every experience God gives us, every person He puts in our lives is the perfect preparation for the future that only He can see.” ~CTB

Maybe this idea of "every experience" ... I sure don't credit every experience I've found my wayward way in to as being God-given, but I do think it's entirely possible that He knows how to perfectly lace them into a future which only He can see.  

Corrie Ten Boom ... Quotes

Truffles ... not on my list for now. ... and that's okay.



2 comments:

Heather said...

i love you and i laughed out loud. so very thankful for being able to carry burdens with you. you carry mine...i carry yours. they just seem so much ligther that way, eh?

glad you found that part from that book. you gotta read it. you will love it!

DeAnn said...

I could laugh or I could cry ... Crying makes my eyes slightly less fabulous ... Laugh it is!
I'm totally absorbed by the mind of Mr Lewis right now, but will definitely get to CTB next!

hugs ... ~D