The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, March 17, 2012

78/1000 for today

... a fairly ordinary day, looking at cool stuff I haven't seen before.

At the air museum in Birmingham.  A guy told me the RVs are about as close as civilians get to fighters ... he flies a CJ, and is building ah RV right now.  He says if anyone offers me a ride that I should go for it.  I have several offers like that outstanding.  I am afraid that getting in one will make the itch to build one a must scratch.  They are a hoot to watch.
It was fun to sit in this fighter cockpit.  I think I know why people like to believe in reincarnation ... it's difficult to get all your flying in to one little lifetime!

I'm looking forward to seeing the planes down in Mobile later this month.

What I'm thankful for is these little simple pleasures.  For lunch today, a delicious grilled reuben at Redneck heaven ... seriously, I am so glad we dropped in I would never believe all the stuff ... the sheer quantity of outdoor gear available under one roof.

I don't even fish, but found myself thinking the only thing standing between me and some truly great fish tale is one of these .. the exact right fishing rod and reel ... bet they had a million of 'em ... maybe more.
They even had a little shooting arcade right in the store.



No comments: