The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, March 21, 2012

Yes ... it took some looking, but finally zeroed in on "the" replacement part for my little melt down ... ummm, project.  It is not an exact match, but very very close ... size and glaze color just slightly off.  I like it.  I'm not going to chisel the other end out and risk cracking tile or some other mayhem.  I'll make another attempt at this in a few minutes ... btw, hecho en México ... so the José assist is in place ... plan D is looking a lot like plan C ... hopefully without my curiosity kicking in and spoiling the dry time.
Front door handle/lock assembly came off fairly easy ... sanding and painting are so much easier with out the speed bump in place ...


... and this is an example of why you want professionals to do the handiwork ...idk what/how/when some industrious little critters have built a top secret hideaway behind/ under this plate.  Amazing really ... and a bit yucky. There are things that only the shadow should know.
Here I am ... early morning sun has me re-sanding ... repainting.  This paint goes on like tar ... have to say it's the perfect paint for the front door ... it drys to a very smooth satiny flat finish ... the paint guy recommended it ... makes my eyes burn and my tongue blister ... but it does look very nice where it has already dried.  Now to find the right product to polish the hardware with ... .

I am thinking about these cool pottery things I saw this weekend.  I still haven't signed up for that class, but I'm telling myself ... finish the door ... get that towel thing underway ... then go sign up for the class.  This looks like something I would like to make ... and it is one of my favorite colors.  At Sea Side, Florida, and also up in B'ham this weekend, I saw some very cool sculpture-esque pottery vessel hanging as wall art.  That's what I have in mind.  I want to make something cool for a wall in the dining room ... and I'm pretty excited about it ... and some pieces similar to these for the front porch.

No comments: