The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, March 5, 2012

Mr. Golden Sun!

Sunshine was drenching the dining room this morning ... I knew it was going to be a wonderful day.  One of the girls asked if we had a time change over the weekend.  It was so nice to see the big blue sky, I think my house might have been right at the center of a big H.  I would be happy to walk pretty much all day on days like this ... still would like to walk the trail for a month at a time.  We'll see.  Sammy was ready to roll ... uh, stroll ... too.  He's due for a bath, so I let him have his way with the creek.

Pine pollen will be everywhere in the next few weeks ... 

These other things are blooming in our yard.
Don't know the name of this shrub, but it's a favorite for sure ... the foliage ranges through this Spring green through deep eggplant purples and maroons in the winter.  I planted these last spring where I pulled the stickier Holly bushes out.  Really pleased with these.

Forsythia ... out near the street.  It blooms only during the Spring.  Very cheery.

Redbud tree.  These gorgeous little blooms don't last long, but this is one of my favorite ornamentals.  Heart shaped leaves, and it grows well under the pines.

Tulip tree ... every year that we've lived here we have gotten one more hard frost right after the tulip trees bloom ... I'm holding off on planting our tomatoes and peppers just in case!

No comments: