The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

“What is that you express in your eyes? It seems to me more than all the print I have read in my life." ~ Walt Whitman




Four camped out with a group of friends last night ... raised in Houston, a group of kids out in the dark sets me on pins and needles ... at the same time I realize we moved out here to offer a setting where good clean fun is a possibility.  She sent me a text ... settled in and safe will sleep tight and a picture of their super cool little sleeping hammocks hanging in a cluster.  Phone pings in the middle of the night are rare, but when they happen I default to "now who is supposed to be where" ... I have five kids and I love many of their friends ... I sleep light.  Turns out the text was totally unrelated to ... well, in a way those guys are my kids too; they're kids and they are tucked in pretty securely in my heart ... picture from Vegas ... a bunch of guys I used to work with are using their jump seat privileges to met up for audacious acts of one up-man-ship in sin city.  I know they are not throwing money in to slot machines ... they're pilots.  My money says they had been drinking free watered down liquor of the golden type.  Note said "flying just got fun" ... yeah, I bet.  Wake up the little old lady in the middle of the night and send pictures while you're at it.  Hahaaha ... I was never that young!


taken this morning ... several have now opened scenting the air
... my favorite time of year ... hahaha

Last night I checked in on a blog I read, wonderWings ...
reposting part of his note from the book: Falling Upward: A Spirituality for the Two Halves of Life

"In the second half of life, people have less power to infatuate you, but they also have much less power to control you or hurt you. It is the freedom of the second half not to need. Both the ecstatic mirroring of my youth and the mature and honest mirroring of my adulthood have held up what I needed to see and could see at the time; they have prepared me for the fully compassionate and Divine Mirror, who has always shown me to myself in times and ways that I could handle and enjoy."

This morning I ordered it from Amazon before I even got out of bed.  That and a box full of iPhone earbuds (and they are exactly what they say they are ... for like two bucks a pair ... huge wanna have in our house).  I am going to start finding a book on iTunes for my morning walk.  

This book ... I'm excited about reading it.  Mirrors.  I was talking about a look in the mirror just yesterday. And ... this past year I may have written a note here about thinking I was broken, but having the opportunity to see myself quite differently ... and it has been really just great.  Everyone has these things that are really crappy situations or circumstances and none of us wants to get stuck there ... How did I let this happen can bounce around in one's psyche like distorted images in a maze of carnival mirrors ... finally you stumble upon a hand firm enough to maybe trust ... yes you feel the safe on this hand ... and you're helped out.  You catch a glimpse of  to the true you again ... and your soul is relieved ... ahhh, not as messed up as you feared.

Well ... walk time.  I can hear Sammy pacing about.  Too bad he doesn't drink coffee.

uh oh ... seems that I really do like shopping!  Three was talking about this book yesterday ... I was looking at buying Moonwalking With Einstein (Joshua Foer) when I happened across this one.  Falling Upward is on iTunes, but I've already got it on its way in hardback ... .  A few months ago I had no idea what to read ... now I'm figuring out that letting someone else read to me while I do other things is the only way to get all the book time I now need!  There are two others by Jonah Lehrer that are on my short list.  I wonder how one shares audio books with buddies ... this could get expensive fast! (How Creativity Works and How We Decide)



No comments: