The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, March 27, 2012

front door check off ...

Front door ... Finished!  Back door is too.  I rubbed some of the house numbers off for this post so ... the house numbers are actually centered on the door.  Have almost finished yearly grooming of front beds ... back breaking, and I always ask myself why I made them so large ... and even as I soak the strain out I envision how very lovely a bed along side of the house would look with roses ... or oak leaf hydrangea ... silly.  This year's plans are in reality ... replace the dogwood and plant maybe three crepe myrtles over by the drive way where I want that little privacy screen ... old neighbor was a really old very sweet lady ... I liked her a lot ... new neighbors have five little daschund yappers ... they bark almost incessantly  ... I don't like them (the dogs) a lot, and hope that a few well placed panel of fence will calm their nerves ... well somebodies nerves.  slingshots do not good neighbors make, but I have recently wondered about my aim ... .
I am itching to plant some new things.  It's the back yard that would like some sprucing up, and now that we are really staying in this house, I think I will really get to it.  I didn't install the water rock last year, and I know it's not much more then a recycling pump and a basin.  The fire pit is high on my list, but I think early Fall will garner support there ... it's cleared with the fire marshall at any rate.  Three says he will help me build my little "folly" from our old windows.  I need to design that.  And ... I like the looks of the one I posted here last year.  Now I know I want it strong enough and large enough to accommodate a twin bed swing.  Ummm ... it's going to rock I'm sure.  And I am going to plant Confederate Jasmine on all four corners.  And ... I am going tp hang a big piece of stain glass out there eventually.  I love to see the light pouring through stained glass.  Maybe I will learn how to work with glass myself.  My buddy back home has made some spectacular pieces.  Yes, that is shameless ... ummm, begging actually.

No comments: