The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, March 22, 2012




“The actions of men are the best interpreters of their thoughts.”  ~ John Locke



Today ... I believe the towel rack thing is solved ... and I have a load of towels running right now ... next week a couple of them will be hung, fluffy white smelling linen fresh clean, from this rack.  The rack I repaired.  I am happy about that.  Even if someone accidentally , unintentionally, boinks it down before it sets ... I know how to make it right ... eventually.  

The front door "put back together"  was ... difficult.  When I removed the door knob, it came apart and the locking cylinder fell into the flower bed.  I was unscrewing it from the inside and just didn't see it going that way.  Turns out there were several little pieces and one of them ... yeah, the main one ... was forever lost in the pine straw.  It was so frustrating ... I just want to make things nicer and ... nowhere to be found, getting dark ... another trip to Lowe's ... and they don't make pieces for this 1950's vintage door assembly ... and the door punch out is totally different then how door knobs are done now so even if we buy a new one it's no buéno.  Of course.  Last night we slept with the door not locked ... no lock, and I wondered if I would be door shopping today.  I like that door.  I like the door pull and the whole thing ... it's the right door for this house.  This morning I started going through the flower bed one piece of pine straw at a time ... and the contents of the vacuum cleaner as well ... just in case I inadvertently ran over it while I was cleaning sanding dust.  At 11:00 I called a locksmith.  He came out and fabricated the missing part.  Like a genius.  He said it'd be hit or miss and not to get my hopes up, but just having someone there to tell me for sure that a part was missing ... .  He had it together by noon.  Fifty bucks.  I wish I hadn't lost the part, but ... for a guy to come out and build the piece ... the door knob is older then him.  He sat cross-legged on the floor in the foyer and figured the thing out.  Wow. 



No comments: