The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, October 5, 2012

golden days

59F outside this morning ... kinda perfect.  The sky is yawning blue with contrails lingering ... winds aloft must be negligible.   Sammy is barking at the train's whistle, blowing from several miles away ... it's eight and the last minute stragglers are zooming out of the neighborhood ... off to work for the day.  There is gold under all the green of outside this morning.
Autumn's easing in.

I had an invite for a first flight in the CAP plane yesterday ... tedious.  Lots and lots ... bunches ... tons of e-mail communications and you wouldn't believe the maze of paperwork involved in navigating from a first exploratory visit to a CAPs meeting to yesterday's canceled flight.  I note this because, well ... CAPs has been like the last stop on my enthusiasm for flying ... . I have a mat near our front door which I routinely take outside and shake the dust out of.  I am that mat ... CAPs shakes the last traces of dust out of me.  I told 'em I would be so happy to help with aviation education for the cadet's and boy scouts ... do O rides for ROTC guys ... now ... I just don't care either way.  Gosh, it feels odd to just not care.

And ... that has my attention.  Not caring.  Is that what Autumn ... the autumn of one's life ... is.  This begonia came in last night ... blooms all over the floor this morning ... the flowers will be gone soon and I don't have much hope of it wintering over.  I'm not good with house plants.  Today I will go teach my little group of Korean women conversational English.  Yesterday I dropped by the pottery studio to pay my quarterly fee ... I don't have any pottery in the works right now. I do have a handful of chairs out on the back porch wanting to be re-finished.  I ... guess I am ... tired.  I need to re-boot myself for this next season.  I need to find the gold.

No comments: