The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 30, 2012

bet I could do better

I'm bored ... the house is clean ... well, pretty much so, there's always stuff that could be done or re-done.  This morning I refolded sheets in the linen closet ... restacked quilts , gotta get 'em ready for easy reach, flipped the thermostat to "heat" yesterday .  The house is that kind of tidy, where one has to go looking for something to do.  I noticed that the inside of the door to the linen closet was not painted when I painted most of the doors in my house.  I need to get that done, but ... not today.  I also found a couple of yards of upholstery fabric which I bought from a remnant pile just because I really liked it, still do ... perfect amount of fabric for that little garage sale find which I might go find in my garage today.  I just don't feel like doing anything and ... least of all I feel like doing nothing.  I feel bad that I am bored ... with so many cool things to read and so many cool things to find to watch ... or, I could mow the yard ... or finish the weeding that I almost finished last week.  I know, because I know how I am, that I really need to find a project ... something challenging that makes me smile when I first wake up in the morning.  Would you believe I am still walking around in my pajamas?!  Sitting around.  Coffee ... doesn't taste good ... I could be planning a Thanksgiving feast or at least the table setting ... not interested.  I made the mistake of reading a study guide on that book, PHANTASTES,  now I'm not interested in reading the actual text, though I know I  loved seeing his words and the old style of putting them together, it felt like a dance ... hmmm, like a waltz ... how often does one feel a connection via words alone to another person?  I liked Mr. MacDonald ... now I feel disinterested in being interested.  I feel like I should save the pages for when I'm more ... me.
So ... I'm looking for a way to re-boot myself.
This morning I thought to meander through PINTEREST maybe make a little pile of the most interesting stuff and come back around to see if there was some sort of common thread ... something to peak my interest.  I noticed that I like pictures like the one above.  I have never seen anything like that with my own eyes and I think it's very cool.
I saw this:
START WHERE YOU ARE.
USE WHAT YOU HAVE.
DO WHAT YOU CAN.
~ARTHUR ASHE

Probably exactly what I should do, 'cause other then cook and clean and do homework with my youngest yesterday ... I don't remember what I did.  I forgot it as I did it ... I didn't think about it as it went by.  Really not good enough.  Not good enough for a day spent. Just like at the football game thinking about cake to build ... I'm usually a lot better at staying where I'm at!
I can't see a piece of the Milky Way like they do over there in Ireland where this picture was taken.  The note said it's called Heaven's Trail ... and that it lines up with that boardwalk every two years during June.   This one, similar, taken (by someone in) in Montana

but, my point to myself is just 'cause I can't see it from here doesn't mean it's not there ... cause I know it is.  Just like I know there's cool stuff visible right here and I'm just not looking right.

No comments: