The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, October 24, 2012

sticker burrs and crochet

Working out in the front flower beds this morning
I found my marble > lost this summer
these cockle burs found me ... all over pants and sweatshirt cuffs!
“Give me the splendid, silent sun with all his beams full-dazzling.” ~ Walt Whitman, Leaves of Grass


I'm hanging out in my den having lunch and thinking about pretty linens and crochet ... I know H is very interested in yummy salad recipes so ...
2 hand fulls of baby spinach
raspberries
blueberries (these are frozen)
red onion
walnuts
Newman's own Balsamic Vinaigrette
(Because not only is he a sweet talker ...  he knows salad dressing ...  totally rocks)







C is getting new bed skirts along with her new headboards ... like me, she loves the bella notte linens.  Pictured here a few inspiration photos ... and this ... satin (also bella note) ... it hangs so nicely.


Think I'm gonna haftah remember how to crochet!  So ... these last few days I've been looking at and thinking about fabric for her project.  Then I'm going to do some sweet work for my other two daughters ... then for myself if L doesn't mind a bit of lace. I have a lot of inside stuff saved up to do and I think my sewing machine is itching to get out!  

That and to save this which I came across last night ...
"I form the light, and create darkness."—Isaiah 45:7
from Spurgeon's sermon: The Solar Eclipse  .  Still looking at that one.  I haven't really been thinking about "God creates darkness" ... just haven't thought about it till now.

No comments: