The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, October 6, 2012

Beef Burito


Beef burritos ...
Four came in to the kitchen tonight saying, "It smells like Mexico in here".  It is Mexico in here tonight.  One of the advantages of being raised on the Texas border.  You know how to make food smell right, and when it smells right, it tastes right.

There are no recipes for most of the Mexican style food that I prepare ... make it smell how you want it to smell, that's the recipe.

I puréed white onion, finely grated garlic, minced cilantro and sautéd that mixture in a heavy black skillet.  Then I added the beef with some salt, ground cumin, and chili powder.  I also tossed a tiny bit of Rotel bc I had some sitting around.  Later I added a heaping glop of sour cream ... pretty delicious.  We rolled the filling up in the pre-warmed flour tortillas  and topped them with a sort of a queso sauce.
Rotel (drained) + cream cheese + Velvetta + some of those puréed onions ... microwaved.


No comments: