The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, October 23, 2012

This is the day which the Lord hath made;
 Let us rejoice and be glad in it. 
~ Ps. 118:24

I was surprised to see the above bit of scripture inked right inside the egg container.  Is it always there and I just haven't noticed?  I do drop eggs into the poaching cups before coffee ... and I'm probably not that thankful before the first shot of joe ... .  This morning I dropped one perfectly poached egg, cup and all, it was an unsuccessful transfer from boiling water to the plate - giving even Sammy something to be thankful for.

Today I'm going to take Ms. Ruth flying.  I'm guessing she is in her late 80's.  She is a delightful woman ... one of my absolute favorites.  This little flight is a bucket list item for her.  She has always wanted to skydive and has settle on this as the next best thing now.  I am toying with the idea of telling her about the instructor "piggy-back" method of jumping, 'cause I'm pretty sure that isn't how she thinks of parachute stuff ... essentially a ride down.  I think it would be physically doable for her. This lady is the consummate Southern woman having devoted herself to her physician husband and their little family ... later, as time became available she focused her efforts on sweet causes.  The woman has saved the one mean bone in her body in support of shedding the light ... uh, that is the Republican light ... on all things damning in the Democrat's nefarious agenda.  She's an angel who spits fire on those rascally cowards!  ... All 4'4" of her!   
She will love the flight ... it's a perfect day for it.  I feel fortunate to be able to do this for her.

No comments: