The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, October 3, 2012

head boards and chairs ... after I paint

Yesterday ... road trip.  Fun.
Last month I stopped drinking coffee ... well I stopped drinking and eating sugar ... coffee was my primary conduit of sugar, kinda like an IV bag ... .  I thought if I stopped drinking coffee all together for a few weeks that I would be so happy to have it back that I wouldn't notice the difference between real sugar (and a lot of it) and something which masquerades as sweetness but spilling from a yellow packet, fails to deliver.
The first couple of days ... major, epic really, headache ... followed for the next several weeks by a weakened will to thrive.  I really miss coffee.  I've been drinking Lemon Zinger, Wild Blueberry, Chocolate Hazelnut (which I imagine tastes like the hot dish water from a cake's emptied mixing bowl).  Tea is not coffee, no matter that the names hint of  a morning of adventure.  I ran out of hot tea yesterday right around the time I noticed my lipstick was entirely gone ... and a Starbucks' with a drive through appeared oasis-like.  Three lanes and half a block later, I was speaking to the box ... Grande, bunches of cream and ummm, maybe six packs of yellow.   When I got up to the window for the prize he said, I noticed your driving, do you want a stopper?  Yep ... stopper to tea thermos ... coffee on board.  It'll do.
 Hung out with H ... fun ... we found this fabric at King Cotton ... four yards for two twin size head boards.  I am looking forward to doing them  I still need to find the foam, and maybe some finishing tacks ... and I need to prep the frames. Today I hope to finish all the painting in that room ... well, I just realized I won't because husband cautioned me not to paint the ceiling and top of the walls over the stair well.  He says he will do that for me.  Pretty great offer.
Now I have three of these chairs to refurbish ... hoping to find six in all ... this one is in pretty good shape, all the joints are secure.  There are two on the back porch waiting on glue to dry and finish sanding before fresh paint.  I am thinking about ordering some crushed coral to fill the tiny fissures ... hmmm ... . It would be easiest to putty and repaint them black (I don't want to sand them all the way down and black with red reminds me of ... not family dining ... of pool halls and the rail car hotel at the Chattanooga Choo Choo ... what I imagine as very tacky bordello decor).

No comments: