The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, October 18, 2012

Field trip!

An early start ... 
one cup of coffee and on to a tour bus full of middle school girls ... 
the sun hasn't risen yet in that time zone behind the virga ... 
This is the sky just West of ATL ... I'll be seeing big planes soon.


link to a video preview of exhibit in Las Vegas

 ... I didn't know quite how I would react to this exhibit, I mean, I'm curious about stuff but ... well, I wasn't quite sure.  Some how, the presentation of this wonderful look under and in ... it fills me with awe, I had no idea we were so very beautiful.
Today my finger touched the aneurysm that claimed a man's life, i saw the bulge and felt the tear.  The docent said I could ... and I feel deep respect and gratitude for these people who decided to share their bodies in this way ... to touch lives that they could never know ... reaching beyond their time to fill us with awe ... to touch me.
Psalm 139:14
I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;

your works are wonderful,

    I know that full well.

yeah, now I do ... now I see it, before today I just thought that was a neat little verse ... today tears pushed at my eyes as I studied these marvels ... absolutely amazing, and did you know that there are more cells in my body then there are stars in the Universe?  I don't know about that, but ... that's what a sign at the CDC museum proclaimed.


"And your very flesh shall be a great poem."
~ Walt Whitman
This photo taken outside the CDC Museum on the campus in Atlanta 
... very cool visit there as well.

  
The CDC does a lot of really cool stuff that the Hollywood face doesn't begin to hint at.
And here we are riding home ... my girl konked out!

No comments: