The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, October 27, 2012


"Sail Forth - Steer for the deep waters only.  Reckless O soul, exploring.  I with thee and thou with me.  For we are bound where mariner has not yet dared go.  And we will risk the ship, ourselves, and all."~ Walt Whitman


"When I give, I give myself." ~ Walt Whitman


Looking in on some Whitman quotes earlier this morning ... very soothing reading for me when I get aggravated about something.  I have already noted several of his quotes, but particularly enjoyed seeing these today ... I really like Whitman.  
Also sweet today ... I'm beginning to see Cardinals about and I remembered a whole bunch of them, plumbed with pregnancy, feasting on our front lawn ... can't remember what time a year that was but it was kinda wonderful.  Squirrels have begun to scamper on our roof ... you can hear them practically galloping across the front of the house and now I know why!  When the barometer fell and broke I moved this little bird feeder to it's spot ... perfect situation for the squirrels.  They tap in to the rose vine and position themselves for an easy feast. Little scamps! 

 “They do not sweat and whine about their condition, they do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins, they do not make me sick discussing their duty to God, not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things, not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago.” ~Whitman ...
Going to have to run this one down a bit for context ... interesting.

and here we go ... from Song of Myself ~WHITMAN
I think I could turn and live with animals, they're so placid and self-contained,
I stand and look at them and long.

They do not sweat and whine about their condition.
They do not lie awake in the dark and weep for their sins.
They do not make me sick discussiong their duty to God,
Not one is dissatisfied, not one is demented with the mania of owning things,
Not one kneels to another, nor to his kind that lived thousands of years ago,
Not one is respectable or unhappy over the earth.


...sure, it had to be about wildlife and it makes me wonder how differently we might live then piled up on one another ... wonder if we'd all chill out.


No comments: