The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, April 23, 2011

It's almost two o'clock ... A time when I am normally awake ... But this night is special. I am back at the coast. Every one else in the whole wide world is asleep and it's just me ... Sitting out here on a third floor balcony not fifty yards away from where the water breaks and rolls back under the incoming white foam. From where I sit, in the most comfortable low swung chair ... really, it feels like a down filled easy chair ... I'm reclining with my feet up on the railing ... looking at what is suddenly complete cloud coverage ... just a few keystrokes ago I could see Orion's two bottom stars. The three quarter moon is bright enough to light the waves and the sand. I drove in tonight ... my husband was atleast half exhausted from his busy week away from home. Everyone was so quiet on the drive down ... they were dropping in and out of sleep, while I totally enjoyed zooming in and out of the coastal fog. I was singing very softly along with Enya ... and looking for airport beacon lights ... and airplanes high overhead. No joy. Orion will have to watch them by himself tonight.
It's nice being in a condo closer to the ground ... the sound of the surf is so present. We usually rent a condo near the top of the tower ... They are nice too ... up where the banner planes and tour helos fly ... up where the seagulls laugh at the silliness below.
I can already see what tomorrow morning's walk should be ... Pier Park is about a mile and a half from here ... I should be able to earn some real cream in my coffee with a walk down there early in the morning.
What a wonderful night ... here in this very comfy chair ... kicked back ... listenning and feeling ... enjoying the sounds and the cool breeze. I love the black and white photo quality of night at the beach. I shoulda brought a nice camera ... If there is a next time like this, I will. I wish you could see it ... it's going to be a memory worth saving.

No comments: