The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, April 11, 2011

Spoke with FI today.  This morning I received a note from one of the guys ... letting me know that this is his last day and where he's heading out to. This is the last of the CFI group that was part of my group ... as they hired new guys I stood aloof ... well, that's not exactly correct, I do particularly like two of the guys who are there, but  I knew them as CFI candidates back when I was working for this flight school.  I miss the camaraderie ... I miss pranking these guys ... laughing with and at them some too.  So, talk with FI ... he'll retire the end of this semester.  He had some advice ... don't know if I'll take it or not.  I'm fiftyplus ... have the luxury of not needing to work ... do have people who count on me for family things ... don't aspire to do much more then enjoy teaching a few people how to fly and maybe a little charter flying if it's not too aggravating.  I don't want to own my own airplane ... the fun of flying for me is primarily flying with another pilot.  Yes, I love to plan and execute the flight well ... I've noticed that I do most of the flying when I'm flying with another pilot on trips ... fiddling with the avionics and communicating with ATC is easier when I'm actually flying the airplane too.  But I guess mainly, I like the company of other pilots.  My husband does not particularly like to fly, and none of my five children have expressed an interest in learning how to. 
I'm tired of trying to make this work out.  I am really just tired in general ... . I am glad that I like to fly.  Flying is good.

So ... I've been kinda twiddling my thumbs since last November or so ... not teaching ground, not working with students ... not really flying very much either.  I did look very carefully for a job ... kinda been on hold.I have noticed just here in the past few days that I really do not wait well.  I don't really have anything interesting going on and except for walking Sammy and running errands for the family, I spend the days right at home pretty much alone.  I like people ... being alone has been nice but I miss just seeing people.
On Saturday I joined my husband on a business trip to a large city ... I dropped him off at 7:30 and headed over to Starbucks ... he told me to spend the day shopping, but I didn't buy a thing other then coffee and lunch ... I enjoyed watching people ... and someone approached me for what turned in to an hour lesson on how to use her new iPhone (that I could have passed on,but it was okay).  I spent the day thinking about how much trouble I could possible get myself in to when I am bored and lonely. Today I thought of what I might like to do for my next challenge.  I would like to take the dog and walk the trail, but, I really want truly want to do what is best for my family and being here is a big part of that!  So ... starting tomorrow, I am going to blog my notes on ... I think I'll start at the beginning with how to get started flying ... private ground school.