The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, April 22, 2011

Thinking about this love grace and gratitude thing. I like it ... I like it a lot. You could even say it's one of my buttons ... My green arc, so to speak. And love, grace, and gratitude are awesome but ... Well, I'm thinking about accountability and consequences ... . We had a pastor who had an affair with a woman in his former congregation ... Big mess. Split that church ... Then he was hired here. The idea was ... Well, God is forgiving. God is all about restoration. We ended up leaving the church after he had been in the pulpit for awhile ... All the problems that took him to an affair became active in our church. I had forgotten about that. The deciders who hired him wanted to be all about grace and love and before long many of the members in the church were making very poor choices because grace ... Forgiveness ... Second chances were the only ideas in the air.

Hmmm

No comments: