The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, December 15, 2011

57/1000

"I wept not, so to stone within I grew."  ~ Dante Alighieri

This week I have viewed a timelaspe video of things of the sky interacting with things of the ground ... Above with Below and Between. A video edited from film collected over the course of several days.

Reminding me of this ... Dante again ... " Heaven wheels above you, displaying to you her eternal glories, and still your eyes are on the ground. "

and this ...
"The way is not in the sky. The way is in the heart."~ Buddha

with this ...
Suffer us not to mock ourselves with falsehood

Teach us to care and not to care

Teach us to sit still

Even among these rocks....


~ Eliot


I could sit with the camera for days, looking as carefully as I might, at what the film is collecting. I would have been unable to see the tale that is told within the 3 minutes and 53 seconds that result in the video. Oh, it is beautiful. The time lapse allows me to see other layers in these events. The texture of the tale ... Seen with the same eyes told at a different pace. A wonderous story emerges from the mundane.

Sometimes I feel ... hmmm ... bogged down ... de-energized by the routine and yet seeing the fog lift in a valley while the mountaintops are washed in golden light ... it's spectacular ... The ordinary viewed with just slightly different filters becomes quite extraordinary. And Eliot's words illuminate as a prayer.

No comments: