The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, December 6, 2011

Today's mail was waiting for me on the dining room table this morning as I came through with three bags full of groceries. At the market I asked the butcher if they ever get any elk or venison. "No," he answers, "no one around here produces those meats in a humane gentle environment." Wow. That's where we're at. I did read Skinny Bitch a few summer ago, the practices of the meat industry are sickening ... I judiciously avoid homone enhanced poultry ... pork ... all that. Ground Bison was going for 10 bucks a pound while Chilean Sea Bass was sitting on 27/#. I will estimate that grocery prices have increased by at least a third in the past nine months. I do all the grocery shopping/food prep at our home, and I am certain that groceries are running fifty bucks per flimsy little bag. The kids are perplexed about why I refuse to purchase bottled water. This summer I got rid of the extra frig/freezer which was out in the garage. The beverage frig.

I'm fussing. This morning I woke up perfectly content ... happy with life. Everything decorating wise was completed yesterday. Our home looks just right I think. Well, I may hang Christmas lights along the front porch ... and I may do some other things outside, but ... I may not. There is only one light that matters.
46 I have come as Light into the world, so that everyone who believes in Me will not remain in darkness. John 12:46 (NASB)
Wise men followed a great light in the sky to a place where a child was born. It is amazing that we even know that story. That light has shone steadily through the ages. It's impressive even if one doesn't believe. This morning, as I ran errands, I noticed that people are even grouchier then usual. Everybody is fretting over glitter and missing the reason. Some lady sitting snug in her car tapped on her window while I stood in the rain patiently trying to figure out what she could possibly need. Turns out she thought I was parked too close to her SUV. Her car was parked after mine ... Yes ... Her little agape fish emblem was right there on the driver's side. It makes me laugh ... it also makes me grouchy. Candle store guy said his first customer of the day tried to get him fired because the candles weren't half price ... she was furious ... couldn't see straight to read the sale notice apparently. I'm going to try to finish any Christmas shopping on line. Something about the FedEx truck stopping for me makes me smile. I love to think of freight flying here and there. Hohoho.

Oh yeah ... mail. Notable was the traditional pecan cake (aka fruit cake) delivered every year about this time from Collin Street Bakery in Corsicana, Texas. So good. Also Crate and Barrel Christmas goodies catalogue. I enjoy sending treats from them. And ... A brochure about the Emmaus Walk. It may be time for me to do the Emmaus walk.

No comments: