The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, December 19, 2011


Beautiful day for flying ... crisp like a fuji apple and just as sweet a climb. I love cool weather ... I loved the handoff to Houston too, It made me feel like I was almost home though we landed in Mississippi. I've been sitting around working on "re-packaging" ground lessons to fit the syllabus I'm using. I've also been looking at my fingernails thinking about a professional manicure, but decided not. This FOB sent me to a place nearby for their lunch buffet ... I'm not exaggerating when I say they served at least ten different choices of meat ... Potatoes fixed three different ways ... MacCheese ... white rice on which I scooped gumbo so spicy that it surely scared any possible swear words right out of my mouth. They had an area devoted entirely to desserts ... which I avoided entirely. I've never been in a place with so many dead animals hung on the walls and resting in lifelike, yet vacant, glory. Lots of other pilots and airplanes round. I saw an ERCOUPE ... Very cool, tiny airplane. Pictures in a few days when I can. I don't even know what to say about this little jewel tonight ... it was different. Also saw a V tail bonanza ... It was parked with a wooden block where the nose wheel shoulda been. Interesting tail. Navy T6-A ... An aero commander. A lovely King Air with a couple of very entertaining pilots ... They asked me what I was doing and I said sorta the girl version of what they were doing ... drinking yucky free coffee and watching back to back episodes of pawn shop show ... Cept I was also thinking about important stuff like nail polish and peanut M&Ms or just plain ... sorta like bonbons for lounging pilots. I did enjoy talking to a guy from Hollywood who is there on an internship with ... Hmmm I think he said Boeing. He had recently done an annual for that little ERCOUPE ... Said it was maybe a 120hp ... No rudder ... No brakes ... Impossible to spin ... Weird little fuel system ... It looks like a model of a big WW2 plane to me ... Like a wind tunnel model. I also visited with a man who had never been out of Mississippi till this past summer when he chaperoned a church youth group trip up to the mountains of Tennessee. He said the sight of the purple mountains majesty was overwhelming. A good good ole boy.. I got a lot of work done and saw a few interesting things ... good day.

No comments: