The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, December 16, 2011

"Chatting" online with an Australian friend early this morning. She observed that Christians easily form bonds with one another it seems. In a way I think that is true. I've looked and looked for a credible citation to this ...

An invisible red thread
connects those who are
destined to meet
regardless of time,
place or circumstance.
The thread may
stretch or tangle
but it will never break.


... seems to be attributed to Eastern Asian philosophy, but shows up sort of all over the web w/o much solid back ground. I posted my photo of "droplets of sky" hanging from a red thread in homage to this thought. It is surprising to see invisible connecting ... holding, hugging ... helping. This morning I asked "If one could sit a write a story ... the story ... of their life, how similar would it actually be to the story their life tells?" And isn't that exactly what we are doing? Writing the story of our life with the choices we make.

I would like a chapter ... where ... I ... . I'm making it up in my imaginings but, I wouldn't like to read a story with a chapter which made absolutely no sense. Sometime earlier this year I was thinking about wanting to do something that would be off track for me ... out of nowhere with my particular goals. Something like disappearing to the Bahamas in the middle of a snow storm. Yes, a nice thought ... then who would shovel the driveway? Hahah ... I guess we are writing a story ... the tale that is told by our choices.

Well, I know that is random. Makes no sense. I wanted a moment in Lala land for Christmas this year. That's why it's on my mind. The story my life wants to tell is one of Christmas lights and happy Sister Schubert smiles ... I think we are on track for that.

No comments: