The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, December 12, 2011



Restoration Hardware ... Ahhhh, we went in to visit my huge leather couch and saw a few other wonderful things. For one, a really nice iPad cover, also leather, it comes with a keyboard. I like using my keyboard sometimes. Right inside the door they had two trees decorated with just a few things. One string of tiny lights ... Perfect. This morning I had hoped to "re-interpret" this idea outside on the crepe myrtle tree near our front door ... but, it's raining here. Maybe later today.

Also visited Barnes and Noble ... My new best friends apparently ... last year I did a bit of online Christmas shopping with them and have been receiving an average of two e-mails per day ever since ... yeah, I know I could un subscribe myself, but I haven't. Anyway ... These two books came home with me. I am almost out of stuff to read. I'm looking at a book titled GOOD ORDER RightAnswers to Contemporary Questions ... A anthology of essays written by "conservative" thinkers (1995 Brad Miner). I am behind on my political reading ... Daddy wouldn't like that. Politics and football were probably his favorite topics ... he said they were almost exactly the same thing ... a bunch of over paid pumped up thugs puppeted by "owners", driven by greed and bloodlust ... quite an incredible show all around. He would be so thrilled with the screen within a screen ... Probably would have worn himself sick looking at politics as we find them these days. The political picture is too big for me to see now ... I stopped looking at "it" a few years ago ... now, I feel that that was irresponsible and I need to find my place. I've been voting based on likely Supreme Court nominations and little else, because I either don't believe what any of them is saying, or I don't like what any of them is saying. I have become uninformed. That is just not okay. Well, anyway ... .
So, two new books. A biography ... Bonhoeffer ... saving it for Christmas day. My personal Christmas day tradition ... After all the paper and bows have been cleared away, I sit near the fire with a good book. This is definitely going to be a good book. Several people have pointed me towards Bonhoeffer this year.
The other book is Velvet Elvis ... I don't know much about it except, again, several (different) people have asked me if I've read it and usually after several queries on the same book, I start feeling like its a cosmic nudge. Velvet Elvis, we'll see.

No comments: