The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

99/1000

As I plan for the big Thanksgiving shebang ... I realize there is so much to be thankful for.  Recently read a little note which simply stated "You take for granted what someone else is praying for."  So true.  So true.  Two of the kids won't be home for Thanksgiving this year ... and I expect they may be away off and on and sometimes bringing as yet unknown loves home for the holidays.  I take for granted the wonderful gift of being able to cook for my family ... lots goes in to that.  I take for granted our excellent health, though not as much as I watch my mother's health decline ... L deals with health related issues with his mom almost routinely now.  I love my little kitchen ... it'll be crowded in there next week!  I love thinking about the quotes of Thanksgiving that I'll write on the chalk board wall ... I love figuring out which dishes for which little sampling of feast ... I love thinking about how happy Sammy will be with the turkey neck. All that ... all that little homey stuff ... my brand new pristine line napkins ... the rings I will make from burlap and found things.  I am thankful that we can absolutely enjoy another Thanksgiving Day ... and it is my pleasure to do my little part in creating a celebration of it.

No comments: