The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, November 15, 2012

Matt Cusick





Leviathan, 2008

Maps, illustrated bible, ink, on panel
41 x 62 inches


Untitled Wave (Black & Blue), 2008
Maps, engravings, ink, on panel
28 x 44 inches


Fiona's Wave, 2005
Inlaid maps on panel
48 x 78 inches



Kara's Wave, 2009
Inlaid maps, acrylic, on panel
24 x 36 inches


Those are maps ... that is ... genius.
Really love .

What else I really love ... today grew-up together known each other forever girl friend called ... we visited for a while, time-sharing attention between phone talking with one another and a lot of other things ... one of my kids dropped  in briefly dropping Sammy off and I hung up saying "call you right back" picked up the conversation in mid sentence ... she directed me to this image ... Kara's Wave  ... which she had bookmarked for me somewhere ... She knew I would love this guy's work and boy do I.  She had a whole pile of images saved up for me ... stuff she knew I would enjoy seeing and ... that's what this little tag on the end of the post is really about.  What I really love are the people I love.  I love my people.  And ... it is just a bit over-whelming for me to walk in to a "virtual visit" and look at stuff with my oldest friend and see that everything she stacked up for me to see was exactly something I would like.  It is very nice to be well known ... and as I told her ... still loved even after all these years.  

No comments: