The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, November 25, 2012

This made me laugh this morning and I thought to ask for a before and after picture to remember it by.  It's been that perfect sort of cold in the house lately, without the heater on bed covers feel so excellent ... that kind of cold.  Last night I showered and washed my hair getting ready for church today and I turned on the space heater in the bathroom to knock the chill off the air, but I was still in a hurry to get my hair dry and get to bed with those sheets as crisp as a Fuji apple ... and my down comforter and two : ) new feather pillows piled up on my old feather pillows ... like snuggling in on a cloud.  Bliss.  So I sort of blow dried my hair and wrapped in up loosely and went to bed thinking happy thoughts.  During the night my hair came down and it was all over the place ... uber bed head this fine morning.  I slept so
soundly and I woke up happy and ready for some hot coffee ... sat around in the dining room just goofing off (a whole bunch of doves were picking round in the front flower bed .. so sweet to see them) for probably a couple of hours ... maybe ... anyway at 15 minutes before it's absolutely time to leave for church I realized that I better get with a plan.  I love to wear my ropers around the house like house shoes ... comfy ... that seemed like a good part of the hurry up for church plan to me.  I thought tights and a sweater dress sounded okay ... a jacket ... a bit of hair brushing, tooth brushing ... maybe some mascara ... lip gloss.  Two poked her head in probably to check on my progress, but she asked, "How do I look?"  patting her non-existant tummy.  "Super cute" ... always super cute, "How do I look?"  She said, "Oh, uh uh Momma, not the boots."  And I just started laughing.  I think little old ladies should get to wear whatever they wish ... God looks at the inside and all that ... and I have been feeling particularly little old lady lately. "I mean it," she said, "put some shoes on!"  And still laughing, but slipping out of my boots, I said, "I think you are my mean daughter." She didn't turn around to look at me, just said, "No, I am the nice one ... those other two would probably let you out of the house looking like that!"  I love those boots, but  have to admit the shoes look better, at least for church.




2 comments:

Heather said...

so cute!

love you...hate i didn't get to spend time with you. will do so soon though!!!!

DeAnn said...

looking forward to it! ly2