The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Saturday, November 24, 2012

chairs


Finished this chair ... almost finished I need to attach the seat and put those little wood buttons in the screw holes.  This chair has the jade stain ... will try to get a picture in better light to show what that looks like.  This is that polka dot fabric ... golden dots.  For some reason the chair reminds me exacty of broken in cowboy boots ... feels great.

Now I am working on this one ...
this was the first chair I bought with the intention to redo ... it's from College Station, and it was the first project I completed in upholstery class ... it got broken one day when I was away and when I saw it I just put it in a closet ... poor little broken leg

... now I know how to repair it!  

so today I striped all the old fabric off ... tons of staples and way too much glue!  It made me smile to see how much better I am at this type of thing.  I sanded all the wood and tomorrow my husband is going to help me put the leg back on ... it will need the day to dry.  On Monday I am going to refinish the wood and on Tuesday I will staple the new fabric in place ... it will appear all striped from the front and the bird fabric will be picture framed in the back view.  That fabric is really neat, colorful.  I love it.  Better picture in a few days.  Re-doing this chair feels really good.  I watched the Ken Burns doc on National Parks today ... very cool.  V is asking me to think about home schooling her beginning  next Fall.  If we decide that is best for her I'm pretty sure we will have a very mobile classroom.  She wants to see the Sequoias and I do too.

No comments: