The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving tablescape elements ... check!



This is what I've been doing today ... wrapping burlap around candle votives ... tying burlap string bows around tall shot glasses - they are going to hold little individual nose gays (is that term still being used?) along with the small candles.   For the table center piece I'll line up the two tall candles and three (presently empty) vases ... may use those leaves I made as saucers for the flowers. The taller candle is for the foyer and the glass vase with the leaves in it will be for the flowers ... probably in the kitchen where plates may be served buffet style.  I may slide a tiny bud in with the leaves under the napkin ring (again, just burlap thread tied in a bow).  I wanted to make burlap place mats but L was home for lunch and turned his nose up at that idea ... I think burlap says packing shed to him.  That's okay ... we have placemats which will work well with this tablescape.  So ... just flowers to do ... I'll get them early next week so we can enjoy them to their fullest.  I'm thinking chartreuse and maybe burgundy mums. And ... I might have to change the garnet colored candles out ... I'm willing to bet that Miss V will say they are too Christmasy ... . Fingers just a little bit hot glue burned!  It's coming together.



No comments: