The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, November 6, 2012

Sammy must have been up quite a bit last night barking at the not quite rain.  This morning the sidewalk and driveway were soaked and my dog could barely roll his eyes open to greet me.  Rain stirring the leaves in the back backyard keeps him busy especially when it is dark outside.  I think he must have a wonderful imagination. I'd like to let him in, but I don't have the energy to insist he behaves, and somehow he can always sense that.  I'd like for him to keep me company while I am under the weather, but I know he'd just wander off to try to drink from the toilets and put his paws up checking the countertops for things no longer beyond reach.  Yesterday my husband mentioned that big dogs don't live long and I said ... I know that, that's why I don't fret about finding a yard at the beach.  Sammy won't be with us ... geez, now I am making myself sad.  Ridiculous!
He's out there barking at the rain right now and I'm on a sofa in the den nursing the flu.  The flu ... sucks.  If I don't move, I feel almost fine ... as though I could actually get something done today.  When I do move chills shoot around on my body ... too cold and too hot by turn, dizzy, weak ... headachy. Best to be still.

This is one of my favorite things to look at ... Sixty Symbols ...


The British seem to have so much fun ... and lovely accents.

Yesterday I had my driver's license renewed, four more years ... and today is election day.  I think no matter how it goes today we will see many changes over the next four years.   
I'm talking about with the country, but ... I'd hate to even speculate right now, it seems such a pivotal time.  

While looking at the National weather this morning I started thinking about planning an epic road trip.  At dinner last night talk turned to Alaska ... maybe it was the halibut.  We think it would be just great to spend some time in Alaska.  There is a ton of super cool stuff to see between here and there.  


No comments: