The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, November 23, 2012

Roasted sweet potato salad ... my made up recipe

First of all ... very tasty

Peeled, cubed and roasted four sweet potatoes (lightly coated in olive oil and sea salt)
Cubed one fresh pineapple ... does not taste the same as canned
sliced as thin as my mandolin would allow ... two small white onions and one shallot
the irregularly shape fall of from the onions, shallot and pineapple I put in the food processor ... with
a little olive oil
some apple cider vinegar
a bit of fresh orange juice
what was left of a bunch of parsley
what was left of a bunch of cilantro
a good squeeze of spicy brown mustard
and pulsed to dressing
marinate all in refrigerator over night and toss on toasted/salted pumpkin seed be fore serving

now I see that red onion would have been pretty as an ingredient and also red pepper

Many of the recipes I read while searching for a sweet potato salad recipe had red pepper and green pepper in their salad.  I would have used a half a red pepper had I had one on hand.  I've have sliced long thin strips ... it would have been a good addition to this recipe.

No comments: