The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, November 14, 2012

Thanksgiving menu with a few recipe links


I misplaced my Thanksgiving menu plan ... likely tossed out with last week's grocery shopping list!
A few things I can prepare well in advance.  In a home with an already pretty full frig, accommodating an uncooked turkey is tricky.  This year I think I'll cook the turkey early, on Saturday ... ugh, I don't know how that will go!  Will it be all dried out wanting to become turkey pot pie or turkey tacos by time the big day arrives?! One of the many quandaries of home management, and in the end it matters not one whit!

Breakfast:
Cranberry Fluff
Ground fresh cranberries marinated in OJ and sugar over night)
Halved green grapes
Fuji apple - chopped (Use fresh slice to garnish)
walnuts
baby sized marshmallows
whipped cream

Cinnamon raisin bread toast or muffins?  Lemon poppy seed muffins maybe.
Starbucks bottled coffee for the girls
Apple juice
coffee for me goes w/o saying ...

Lunch/Dinner:




butternut squash/ pumpkin cream soup with bacon crisps?
maybe this recipe for the soup and I love her presentation
but probably this one ... spicy
caramelized onion goat cheese tartlets
shrimp shooters

Turkey
sage/onion cornbread dressing
thyme roasted new potatoes (Parmesan)
mushrooms
sweet potato salad, roasted garlic, toasted pumpkin seeds, with apple cider vinaigrette (was excellent)


Rustic (perfect for my baking skills! lol) Apple cinnamon tart with   cider ice cream
chocolate brownie/ amaretto cream

Gotta plan the table ... this menu uses a lot of individual dishes!  If I bake the turkey early I will serve restaurant style ... less work for the dish washer and a clearer table for talking!  Yeah ... I like it ... food staying warm in the kitchen.


No comments: