The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, November 23, 2012

Hunting ... for sewing stuff







... for fabric to sew up the curtains C wants, also the two bed skirts.  She is hoping for that Bella Notte look so I have been looking for some very light weight fabric ... bordering on flimsy ... and easy on the pocket book because ruffles take a lot of yardage and I may be getting ready to make a big mess.  So found that today in a fabric barn in Eclectic, Alabama.  It's not really a barn, I don't know why they call it that.  The building was once a hotel built in 1914 ... it burned ... the brick shell remains and tons and tons (bunches) of bolts of fabrics and sundries are stacked, piled, tossed helter skelter under the tin roof or in some places a more refined tongue and groove ceiling had been installed somewhere along the years.  I wondered about snakes while looking through just the top layer of fabric.

I bought 19 yards of off white fabric (a buck a yard), and several yards of that edging (20 cents a yard) the coral "cotton ball" trim 10 yards (89 cents a yard) and 3/4 of a yard of this striped fabric (10.95 a yard).  I have plans for all but the coral trim.  I just liked it enough to begin making plans for it.

We drove over and saw a lot of interesting stuff along the way ... I thought I'd take pictures of it as we came back by on the way home, but we chose a different route.  Was glad to see this field on the way home.  L stopped so I could get a few shots.



 These bales are box car sized.
~found photo ... micro photography

No comments: