The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, March 17, 2011

St Patrick's Day

Just so happens to be St. Patrick's Day ... notably wings night ... I saw green beer, and laughed with people who were drinking it.

“…before a dream is realized, the Soul of the World test everything that was learned along the way. It does this not because it is evil, but so that we can, in addition to realizing our dreams, master the lessons we’ve learned as we’ve moved toward that dream. It’s the point at which most people give up. It’s the point at which, as we say in the language of the desert, one ‘dies of thirst just when the palm trees have appeared on the horizon.’” -Paulo

Note added on 22 July 2011 ... Trust. Such a sweet and bizarre story. I think I got to learn a huge lesson on trusting God with some stuff that really really mattered to me. I'm still processing the chain of events that lead me towards ... trusting God, and actually seeing myself trust God. Interestingly, healing around trust related areas was my dream ... A wish ... I thought I was too broken to "fix", but, I wanted to move towards that. I thought it was critical to an authentic relationship with ... God ... The holy Father. So, a dream came true here. As far as mastery of the lessons ... Yeah ... Maybe ... Seems to be an on going process ... What a wonderful visual ... A place to plant a flag "I remember when I saw myself really really trust ... I remember how exhilarating that felt". Every moment can not be that moment, but it is gratifying to find oneself capable ... Awesomely, shockingly, wildly so. I'm really glad I didn't die of thirst ... Hiking that I'm doing now is teaching me to refill my water when I see an appropriate water source. I'm glad I didn't wear out, or give up on myself and this worthy lesson ... Or dream ... Whatever it may be best held as. This morning, I walked with H. We talked about how difficult trust really is ... Because of the unknowns ... About how fragile things are while at the same time not ... Like a bone easily, but rarely broken ... Well ... I am out of time here, but just wanted to see what I wrote this day and where this day led me. It was a wonderful day ... .

“If you want to build a ship, don’t drum up people to collect wood and don’t assign them tasks and work, but rather teach them to long for the endless immensity of the sea.” ~Antoine De Saint Exupery

“Adversity is just change that we haven’t adapted ourselves to yet.” -Aimee Mullins

“Love has nothing to do with what you are expecting to get — only what you are expecting to give — which is everything. What you will receive in return varies. But it really has no connection with what you give. You give because you love and cannot help giving.” - Katharine Hepburn

”We should take care not to make the intellect our god; it has, of course, powerful muscles, but no personality. It cannot lead; it can only serve” -Albert Einstein

“What you do speaks so loud that I cannot hear what you say.”  - Ralph Waldo Emerson


... 22 July ... What an interesting, amazing ... Random jumble of quotes ... Really wow.

No comments: