The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, March 7, 2011

playlist


I added two new songs to the play list - both country. I am certain that my oldest bestest friend will be glad that I seem to be getting some sense back! She lives in the part of Texas where only C/W music is played ... a place where everybody drives their pickup truck too fast on the back roads throwing up a cloud of dust that announces their movements throughout the day ... they don't need to "tweet" each other over there, the flat farming land has the dirt do a lot of the talking. I haven't lived there since the mid nineteen seventies, but as I sit here several million minutes away, I still remember that this is about the time of year that the orange trees bloom. Nothing, not even jet engine exhaust, smells sweeter.

Back to the play list. I like music, and have for quite some time. I like that I can load things here and tune it up for listening in the house ... if I still like it a week or so later I'll save up for a visit to the iTunes store. I was buying albums when I really would have been happier with just one or two of the songs. And, I like the memory of some of the old tunes better then the old tunes. So this is a nice place to try songs on. All that to say - the play list at the bottom of this page ... you can pick where you come in. I like that.

The two new songs are by Steel Magnolia. I heard one of the songs in the movie "Adjustment Bureau". I love the shazam app.

That's it for now ... it's Monday morning and I have to assess the damages that the weekend has wrought to the pantry and the rest of the house ... I understand that toilet paper is suddenly in short supply around here, but there's no telling what else needs seen to. That's what I do. And when I get a handle on some of that, I can start removing old fabric from that chair. I am smiling, because that chair has a secret. Every piece of furniture that I have reupholstered has a small brass heart hanging inside of it. I wasn't thinking of this when I hung it there more then ten years ago, I wasn't thinking I would re-upholster this pieces and find its charm, but I am glad I get to.

2 comments:

Heather Hammond said...

Steel Magnolia is a great choice, their country music is amazing, one of the best performances of this music genre. Thank you for reminding about this duo!

DeAnn said...

Agree ... and thanks for reminding me to think of them again!
~D