The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Thursday, March 24, 2011


I didn't sleep well last night ... I've almost forgotten the bout of insomnia that plagued me last year ... fretting.  I haven't been fretful 'til just here lately.  It's probably the pine pollen blowing everywhere dusting everything with a fine layer of yellow ... if crayola crayon had that color in it's box it would surely be named allergic yellow.  I ended up not flying the other day ... winds were impossible for the little C172 to negotiate ... most favorable runway would have put us at 25 degrees worth of gusting crosswind ... 10 beyond max demonstrated and consequently not.  I was disappointed ... I needed to fly a little and I was looking forward to seeing the pollen from above where it looks like gold dust dancing wantonly with the birds and the bees.

This was to be a introductory flight for one of the passengers.  He would have loved it.  We did sit in the airplane ... it was a lot of fun to answer questions, good thing it was tied down or we woulda had a little blow and go going on, on the south ramp.  He enjoyed just sitting in the plane - I know the feeling.

The pollen was blowing today too ... here on the ground it was pretty rough. I think ... I feel ... that today was surely the worse day of the season.  I did something I never do.  I took a nap and I prayed I wouldn't dream.  I just need to rest. An excellent plan: when the going gets rough, the tough take a nap ... isn't that the expression?  I actually woke up feeling a lot better.  This afternoon was a bit of a treat ... I drove my daughter and her friend to Atlanta.  He was catching a plane back to California.  I've been looking at that route lately and made a very impressive guestimate when asked about how long a flight to LAX would probably take.
It was a nice treat to see the big planes ... I am amazed at the size of them ... I know what makes them fly and still I am amazed by their size ... that's a lot of metal ... their engines delight me ... silly girl!
The best part of the day was the drive home with my girl. I just don't get enough one on one time with my loves. She overheard the conversation I had with my husband this morning ... which included a jab about this blog. "Please continue to write your journal" she said. Sweet. She said it gives them an opportunity to see me as a person rather then only as their mom. I hadn't really thought of this like that. I can see the personality of the people who write the few blogs that I read, but I hadn't really thought about the truth of how the words we choose and the stories we tell tell the story of who we think we are.

It's very late now. My husband is off for a few days in search of Ellicot. I will go to bed and sleep tight tonight.