The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Today, I will fly. Today I will fly, and I will also see to the needs of my family ... I already have an impossibly long list of things to do, and blogging is cutting into that precious commodity - time. Pilots know all about time ... we live with a counter ... keeper account of "er" strapped to our wrists and embedded in our minds ... it is a standing joke in my family that I may not remember what I wore yesterday, but can pull time related parlor tricks out of thin air. Sometimes there just is no time ... other times it may not be the right time ... sometimes come and go too fast ... or not at all. Time, lusty and blithe.



I did make it back from the beach ... wish I could just stay there. At the beach I don't need ... anything. The salt air soothes. At the beach time can stand still ... well, almost. Back here in the real world, I continue to explore the meaning of wait. Time waits for no man ... but we do wait for our time, don't we? Now it is supposed to be there o'clock.

Time to head out to where promises are kept ... and there are so many of them to keep.

No comments: