The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Monday, March 7, 2011

Quick note ... just 'visited" w/ bff. She asked something interesting:

"If you can't trust someone with your heart, what can you trust them with?"

I'm going to think about that because, of course she is right, but ... .

Well, I had a few shoot from the hip. quick draw answers. For one thing ... you gotta guard your heart. If you're a woman you already know that. If you're a man, you may not have one ... hearts aren't always standard issue, and even if a guy starts out with one, he may not spend any time picking up the pieces once it is broken. 'Least that's what I think I've noticed. guys get duty ... and honor, though honor seems to be in short supply in all quadrants.

Another thing I said (and regret to think is true) is ... just because you think you can trust in one area, doesn't mean you can trust in others and certainly not all. Trust can't be tossed out there like a picnic blanket.

"I trust the guys who mow the lawn (to do a good job), that doesn't mean I can invite them in for lunch." And this, "I trust the banker to hold my money, but I know I have to check interest rates if I'm looking for a loan."

She's talking about close relationships ... intimacy. This is what I think ... this thought originated in a place that should just feel but now it thinks first. Intimacy is like an oasis in the dessert ... maybe they exist ... lots of times they turn out to be a mirage ... me? I'm going to carry my own water. That may sound a little bitter here in black and white ... I don't think it is ... I think it is just practical.

Not sure my buddygirl feels better after our little chittychat.

No comments: