The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Tuesday, March 1, 2011

I'm already one cup of coffee, bacon and grits dishes done, two loads of laundry folded- towels dried overnight, photo of the day posted, tennies on, phone charged ready for that hour and a half companionable walk with my dog. Yesterday I bought ELO's "Strange Magic - The Best of Electric Light Orchestra" from iTunes ...Sammy isn't disturbed by the old rock and roll tunes.

I am waiting to call Parks and Rec to see if anyone has signed up for the ground school class. Up until just here ... wow, I did not know I had an underline feature! Which genius finger pointed that out?! I will have to wait for one of my children to come home and tutor me on that. Up until just recently, I've been pretty optimistic about a good group for that class. I like that about myself ... I'm optimistic ... maybe because I'm paying more attention to the way things go because I make notes here, or maybe I'm just getting old and cranky ... idk ... I haven't become less optimistic, rather I sense another me (if you will) standing near by shaking her head and asking, not unkindly, "Will you never learn?"

Sunday evening we watched our next Netflex CD ... Planet Earth. I saw Angel Falls and Devil's something where the falls terminate (I'll look it up in a minute) for the first time. Amazingly beautiful, what a sight ... I would love to see with my own eyes. Later in the program were salmon swimming upstream ... with bears wading in for easy pickings ... such is the way of life. Seven more minutes and I'll make the call ... .

My quasi-partner has been in Africa taking care of some Guard duties ... so far no keys to the plane to match up with no students. I'm unwilling to tell people I can work with them until I meet the owner, see the keys, and fly the plane. In the mean time Q-P has begun researching the possibility of buying a local flight school. I have never been less interested in anything aviation related ... it could work, but I'm not gonna bet the beach house on it.

Today is the anniversary of motherhood for yours truly. Aka, my oldest son's birthday ... family celebration slated for Sunday. I still remember how scared I was of the delivery ... all the unknowns. I was almost thirty when he was born ... I smile as I remember seeing him for the first time. I should have been less concerned about birthing and more concerned about parenting ... birthing came with a partywagon full of drugs ... parenting doesn't.

Okay ... no one has signed up for the class (should I say yet? ... the other me is shaking her head no to that). Okay, say nobody does sign up. The good news is I won't have to read up on sport pilot regs ... . The other good news is probably something better is brewing. Yesterday during my long walk the clouds were really moving along ... it was windy on the ground too ... later I looked at the weather and saw the longest continuous squall line I've ever seen. It was thin but stretched across several states ... fast moving red and pink ... blew right through here at dinner time. I will go walk now ... I started a book last night that was rejected in the third chapter ... I do not know whose first hand account it is, but he is more interested in creating an image of himself as a love'em and leave 'em "fighter pilot turned racer pilot" ... lotsa stick not much rudder kinda guy ... the title caught my eye and the table of contents was promising ... but. Now I am reading about Yeager ... hillbilly rock star ... normally I read only at night, but I am going to make an exception to that today ... it's a good book. I hadn't realized where retired major general Charles Yeager came from. Impressive isn't a big enough word.

http://http://gosouthamerica.about.com/cs/southamerica/a/VenAngelFalls.htm

Angel Falls (for aviator Jimmy Angel) drops 2648' into Devil's canyon.

No comments: