The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Sunday, May 8, 2011

see what I mean ... spongy

http://www.photographyserved.com/Gallery/Your-beautiful-eyes/428809

I'm writing this up from my little bitty phone keyboard, but later I'll come back and post a picture by Suren Manvelyan. I think his microscopic photos of irises are very interesting. The texture really surprises me ... It looks like sea sponge to me.
I started thinking about how really every bit of our bodies looks like that ... Under a microscope. Nerves don't really look like that ... Well, all that got me to thinking about ideas or thoughts and feelings ... I was thinking about this the thinking/feeling connection the other day. I think one thing but then I feel entirely differently on the same topic. Know what I mean? And how in the world do all those ideas and all those feelings transfer around ... How do they travel along from conception to action? How does all that sponginess walking ever get from here to there ... How does it ever find it's way through that tangle of thoughts and emotions? It's pretty weird ... Pretty cool. This flick of the wrist or toss of the hair ... Thought or emotional impulse

I'm going to have to do some reading on that ... I know thoughts make a physical ... I could see it ... Kind of change. Feelings ... Are they chemical ... Hormonal?

Today was a fun day. My three daughters and I drove over to Atlanta ... Two was to leave on a trip ... Like a long flight. It was her first time to fly without family. I told her to figure out a way to get a window seat so she could take lots of pictures. She ended up in between two strangers ... Aerial views she is familiar with ... Like an old friend. The man sitting next to her had a serious seizure 30 minutes before the landed at LAX ... She held on to him to keep him from falling in to the aisle. I really wish I had been there ... She was one of the last PAX off because they needed a wheel chair to help him from the plane ... She was texting back and forth with me. I'm sure she didn't take one bit of my advice!

No comments: