The way to love someone
is to lightly run your finger over that person's soul
until you find a crack,
and then gently pour your love into that crack.
~Keith Miller

Friday, May 6, 2011

walking...waiting...timing out

I really wanted to get a few examples of the work of Terje Sorgjerd posted here ... to share, and to look at myself. Wow ... there are so many amazing ... soul nourishing ... pieces of creation to see.  And how cool is it that this guy has the opportunity to go find these spectacular sights and record them ... and share them. 
I live in the middle of a huge forest. In a few minutes when I walk my dog, I can can head out in one direction and be on a major university campus within ten minutes ... Sammy prefers that walk because strangers stop us to admire him ... there are bunches of interesting smells in that direction. Or, I can walk two minutes in a different direction and be in a flowing creek bed.  Sammy likes that direction because I might let him off of his lead ... but then there is wet waggly tail dog to pay ... he taunts me when it's time to get back to the walk. Though we weigh approximately the same, his four feet give him a definite edge on the slippery moss  covered rocks.  We see rabbits, raccoons, little foxes, deer ... all kinds of birds ... chipmunks (they are very cute) and squirrels ... I wouldn't be too surprised to see just about anything. Snakes ... we see snakes occasionally ... well, I do (I have always thought of snakes as on the ground ... here, they are liable to be in the tree branches too ... stealing bird eggs and scaring me!). Sammy is for the most part oblivious.  A friend, who I was visiting with on the phone the other day said it sounded like our walk had a sounds of nature CD playing in the back ground.  Yes, that is exactly how it sounds here ... you can hear ground traffic and the occasional airplane, but those sounds are overlays to the birds chirping. These past several days the wind has been blowing strong enough to push my dog's long fluffy coat around  ...I think he likes the way it feels ... he seems to be laughing about something.  Normally he walks with his ear grazing my hip ... he is a good walking buddy ... but, yesterday something, I think a cat ...  I never saw a thing... caught his attention when I was zoning ... he yanked me right in to a lamp post where a bicycle was chained ... he does still "puppy out" every once in a while.  It amazes me that he can sense when I am distracted.

I thought I would do notes on certificate privileges, limitations ... maybe paperwork to be found in the airplane ... .
I don't think I can sit here and do that today though ... yesterday the FI who I like so much called early in the day.  He is timing out, out there and cleaning out his office.  He had a folder of stuff  for me to pick up.  I did.  As badly as I want to flight instruct ... as long and as hard as I have focused on that particular goal ... it was depressing to be out there yesterday.  I was able to keep my game face on, but afterwards I couldn't help but think how fortunate I am that I can chose to walk this way or that way rather then spending my days stuck in the mess out there ... it's still a mess. I could fly out of it a few times each day, but that is where the airplane lands.   I am pretty sure working with a few students plus all the responsibilities I handle in my "real life" wouldn't offset the downsides of working there.  I just hate to accept that fact ... it hasn't always been that way, but it sure is right now.  I just don't have the heart for making notes about aviation things right now.  
I'm thinking about spin recovery because of something I read yesterday ... not analogy, the real deal ... but I think I better do that while I am walking.  I better go see what the wind will blow off of me today. 23016G20 earlier but 35010 now ... hmmmm.

No comments: